Gaining recommendations on your LinkedIn profile is a great indicator of the standard of your work, and an essential part of maintaining a quality profile.
Recommendations let potential new clients know that your previous clients & employers value what you bring to the table.
Asking your connections for a recommendation is easy:
- Hover over your profile photo in the top right corner of any LinkedIn page.
- Choose “Privacy and Setting” from the drop-down menu.
- Under the “Settings” header on the “Profile” tab, select “Manage Your Recommendations”.
- Click the “Ask for Recommendations” tab at the top and simply follow the prompts.
A bit of best practice advice:
- DO set up projects that relate directly to the person you’re requesting a recommendation from.
- DON’T ask people for recommendations when you haven’t worked with them (believe us, it happens!).
- DO reciprocate recommendations (endorsing a few relevant skills is also good stuff).